[pct-l] sleeping bags & liners

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Jan 15 15:13:20 CST 2013

Good afternoon, Mendo-Rider,

I’m not sure I can answer your question.  I remember using a bag for a
local hiking season, and then hiking about 2,000 miles of PCT, plus some
additional nights after that but I don’t know the total miles or days.

Additionally significant are individual hiking requirements and personal
habits.  For example, at the end of the day as a hiker I didn’t have to
curry all the sweat and dust off a horse; I didn’t have to shake-out and
brush off all the sweat, hair, and trash from the saddle blanket; and I
didn’t have to use a hoof pick to scrape the accumulated dirt, rocks, and
impacted manure out of the horse’s feet.

For versatility in sleeping I generally use two different sleeping bags,
depending upon the temperature as described at:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=264203

That scheme allows me to sleep fully zippered in a warm bag, all the way to
sleeping under a single layer of rip-stop.  It works great.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/