[pct-l] Burn Bans

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Jan 16 09:14:20 CST 2013

Do you intend to have a campfire every night? That seems like an
enormous waste of time if you ask me. I never had a campfire the
entire way. If the use of a stove is what is being banned, I'll just
eat something else. I don't recall any of the trail being banned from
using a stove when I did my hikes, although sometimes it does happen.
If it's an altitude-related ban, I'll just cook and eat at lower
altitude. A lot of food you think needs to be cooked can just be
soaked all day. A lot of food you think needs to be eaten at a
particular time of day can be eaten at any time.