[pct-l] Burn Bans

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 14:25:40 CST 2013

I think the confusion of 'alcohol stoves being banned' was from what happened
in many parts of Colorado (the Rockies in general).

Open flame stoves and fires were banned in the backcountry this past summer.

That means, for all intents and purposes, white gas and canister stoves only.

BUT, these rules are local and I honestly don't know what the status
was in local USFS districts/ NPS units in California.

As others said, please be careful with whatever stove you use.

And don't forget that stoveless can be a very good option esp if it is hot and nasty out. :)

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.twitter.com/pmagsco
http://www.facebook.com/pmags