[pct-l] Ability to intensively search hiker journals?

Scott public at postholer.com
Wed Jan 16 15:05:22 CST 2013

With the exception of private journals and journalists who choose to opt
out, would it be a benefit to allow extremely intensive searching of
journals by the public?

At the request of one of our hard-core journalists, I've created a means
to intensively and deeply search journals for the purpose of acquiring
first hand hiking information and all that that entails.

This feature is located at:
http://postholer.com/journal/getWisdom.php

The upside.
Hikers preparing for their hikes can get *anything* that has ever been
done on the trail, gleaning first hand information into the subject of
long-distance hiking. Very handy indeed.

*THE DOWNSIDE*.
Organizations and individuals with their own selfish interests in mind
who seek other information such as patterns, behaviors and other
information that is none of their business is easily and extensively
available.

That HUGE DOWNSIDE is the reason I can't make this feature public.
However, since I've been asked nicely, what are your thoughts on the matter?

-postholer

--
www.postholer.com