[pct-l] Mosquitos and Tyvek

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 16:37:05 CST 2013

Rhiannon,

At REI I bought insect and tick repellent clothes for my PCT ride. They are made by ExOfficio and you can also find them on line. I wore their socks, pants, shirt, and the hat with cape to protect my neck. I found that approach to be very effective.  The active insect/tick repellent is permethern - which is completely safe for humans as it is used in clothes. In bad mosquito infested areas I also used Deet on the back of my hands and on my cheeks and forehead.

MendoRider-Hiker