[pct-l] Water filtration

Rees Hughes Rees.Hughes at humboldt.edu
Sun Jan 20 13:59:53 CST 2013

There has been considerable discussion on the list serv about various
options and approaches.  After years of using a variety of pumps and
filters, I have become a fan of the Steripen.  It is lightweight, simple to
use, with no impact on the taste of the water. The downside would be
reliance on batteries (although there is a solar recharge option which does
add some weight) and, like most methods, challenges when purifying murky,
turbid water.

Rees Hughes

--
Rees Hughes
Co-Editor, *The Pacific Crest Trailside Reader: California*