[pct-l] wheeled backpack

Chris Anderson srhspaded at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 17:07:23 CST 2013

handicap accessibility, whether it is a wheelchair, or i imagine, a wheeled carrying device is allowed (i believe on the pct)...don't take my word for it.  I would suggest you contact the pcta as they would probably be able to direct you to the most useful information.  I recently met a group of 3 young men pulling their father up the switchbacks of baden powell...it looked like a really hard task to say the least, and they are lucky there weren't waterbars on that section.  I would also add that pulling a wheeled device behind you would probably be harder than hiking it with a backpack.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat!