[pct-l] Women & Underwear on a PCT Thru Hike

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:52:18 CST 2013

Dear Abilene,

I take 3 pairs of small bikini underwear, one pair of shorts and one pair
of pants.  Bikinis weigh almost nothing!  I also take my cycling "leggings"
that I can wear to bed or wear under my pants if I am cold.  This is all I
bring.  I also wash out my underwear and socks every day (as much as I
can).  So I have one pair drying on my pack, one I am wearing and one ready
to go in my pack.  I don't really like wearing exercise shorts under my
pants but what ever works for you.

I also take mini-pads even when I'm not menstruating.  This is like
changing your underwear with no effort.  They don't take up much room and I
roll up the used ones, they don't take up much room either and compress
with the rest of my trash.

Toga