[pct-l] wheeled backpack

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Tue Jan 22 09:42:04 CST 2013

I cannot speak to the legality of using a Dixon Roller Pack on the PCT, although I don't know why it would be outlawed; the hiker is still walking with no assist from the pack.  But I can't imagine actually using this pack on a mountain trail.  While it could be pulled over some small obstacles, I think some stretches of the PCT would very challenging.  I think its optimal trail is a mellow, fairly smooth, valley or meadow trail.

Ed Jarretthttp://aclayjar.blogspot.com/