[pct-l] Anyone have experience with SPOT-2 satellite messengers? Any alternative options?

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Tue Jan 22 13:14:57 CST 2013

I have been using a SPOT Connect coupled with my Android phone over the past couple of years.  I have found it to be fairly reliable and it allows me to send short text messages as needed.  Downsides: you don't know if a message actually was delivered; you can receive nothing from anyone; the farther north you go the less coverage.  In Washington I seemed to have more missing pings than I did further south.  All in all I would recommend it to anyone with someone at home that you want to provide daily assurance to.

Ed Jarrett - http://aclayjar.blogspot.com/