[pct-l] Anyone have experience with SPOT-2 satellite messengers? Any alternative options?

Michael Irving michaeljirving at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 15:08:34 CST 2013

You only have to have your phone on to start it or to send out texts. As soon as you "start" it you can then shut your phone off or ate set turn Bluetooth off. Also. Make sure you use lithium batteries only as standard batteries won't push messages through reliably. A side benefit is that lithiums are much lighter and last longer. They last a long time. As a section hiker I change my batteries about once a season.

GoalTech