[pct-l] Stoves, stoves and more stoves....

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Tue Jan 22 17:14:29 CST 2013

On 01/19/13, Randy Godfrey wrote:

My own little Svea story: My dad and I did a winter climb of Longs Peak in Colorado in 1970. Camped in Boulderfield at 13,000 ft., it was -13 degrees F in the morning and my dad had this brilliant idea to just cook in the tent. The Svea stove exploded in the process ( I think it was the pressure relief valve), flames everywhere. what I remember well was my dad picking up that little metal fireball and hurling it out into the snow. There was some hissing and then, yes, the silence of the wilderness returned.

And thus the term "Swedish Hand Grenade."