[pct-l] Vacation from the vacation

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Jan 26 06:14:50 CST 2013

Good morning, Kat,

For a “normal” thru-hike, i.e. late April – September, a hiker is likely to
be closer to Ashland  early August than Reno.  Taking a week’s break in
Reno would be great, but it would put the hiker well behind the curve in an
attempt to get through the N. Cascades before the next year’s snow gets
serious around October.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye