[pct-l] Oregon

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 19:46:20 CST 2013

Hi Shawna,

I had no problems with mosquitoes in areas where others were plagued by them. I had bought mosquito/insect/tick repellent clothes at REI. I bought ExOfficio socks, pants, shirt, and the hat that has the cape to protect your neck. The mosquitoes would hover above my clothes but would not land. I only used DEET on my cheeks, forehead, a little on my beard, and on the backs of my hands. That worked well for me. The active ingredient is permetherin. You can buy that in a spray and you can also soak your clothes in it. I don't know if that works as well as the pre-treated ExOfficio clothes.

In some Southern California places where some hikers had tick problems, I didn't.

MendoRider