[pct-l] Oregon

nosirreeb nosirreeb at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 01:21:05 CST 2013

"I realize that you can treat your clothes and that it is somewhat cheaper, but is the result as good? And will it last as long?"

How long the treatment will last is highly dependent on the solution strength of the permethrin. The commonly found Sawyer product is a pretty weak strength (.5%) and reportedly lasts through six washings. One can get much stronger solutions at agricultural supply stores or online which can be applied at much higher strengths of ones choosing. I believe the US Military uses a 2.5% solution applied through soaking (which I prefer to spray-on) that reportedly lasts for one year or 50 or so washings.