[pct-l] Impact of WILD on PCT numbers

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Wed Jan 30 16:01:10 CST 2013

> I remember there was several threads discussing this last year (maybe?)
and I think that we concluded that it COULD increase the number of people
starting in socal. But then we also concluded that reading a book doesn't
mean you can hike the entire trail (because it's really hard), so there
could also be more people dropping out.

Still, even if 50% drop out in the first 500 miles, 1000 thru-hikers at
kick-off and in socal would be pretty impactful.

Everyone deserves a chance to experience the trail, I've just always dreaded
the thought of a crowded PCT.  :(

> Should be interesting this year to compare the numbers though.

Indeed.

- Potential178