[pct-l] PCT board game

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Wed Jan 30 16:07:04 CST 2013

Hi Shepherd

> Will you have squares that a player will land on such as:  "You come upon Shepherds Trail Magic Station.  Refreshed, you move ahead three spaces." or "You ran out of water in the desert and had to be medavaced to the hospital,  Return to START" or "You left you bear canister open and Smokey ate you food.  Hike out to resupply and loose one turn."?

Ha, no.  ;)  Board games have evolved in the past couple decades, the days of moving from square to square and having the dice and cards decide your fate are behind us.  Newer games are much more strategic and clever, sometimes involving 0% random chance.  If you haven't seen what new games are like, check them out.  For example:

Settlers of Catan (the game that gets most people into new board games)
Puerto Rico
Eclipse
Dominion
... or just check out this list of player voted top games:
http://boardgamegeek.com/browse/boardgame

The PCT board game I'm developing won't quite be like typical modern games since it will lack the competitive element, but neither will it be like classic games.

Cheers,
- Potential178