[pct-l] Wind turbines trashing PCT thru Tehachapi Pass

Penny Melko pmelko at ximatek.com
Thu Jan 31 04:14:14 CST 2013

I read the posts daily, live below the cliffs of Tomo-Kahni State Park near Tehachapi, hike up the cliffs frequently, hope to set up a method of transportation to Sand Canyon so PCT hikers can hike thru my property to enjoy the 560 acres of State Park. Want to share that wind turbines are not welcome near the trail but opposition is silenced with promises of tax revenues. Please take a moment to read page 41 and 42 +-
http://www.co.kern.ca.us/planning/pdfs/eirs/AltaEast/alta_east_wind_deir_rtc.pdf

Yes I realize this isn’t directly related to hiking issues so I deeply appreciate the opportunity to share this.