[pct-l] Kahtoola Crampons

Byron Nevins byron.nevins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 00:05:49 CST 2013

As my first post to this wonderful group I am plugging a company.  I have
no interest or ulterior motives!

I'm trying to outfit myself for the Snow Advanced Course at
moutaineducation.org this May.  I need crampons (whazzat?).  I bought a set
from REI that Ned Tibbits recommends -- the Kahtoola KS-10.  They are
supposed to fit my monstrous size 13 boots.  But they don't.  So I called
Kahtoola. This is where it gets weird and spooky:

A human being answered the phone on the second ring!  Whoa!!   I explained
my problem and he had only one question:  "What's your address?  I'm
shipping you (2 day UPS) a longer bar for the crampons that will certainly
make them fit your enormous feet."

Very impressive.  The customer service was amazing! This is the kind of
business that I like to support.