[pct-l] OTHER TRAIL BOOKS

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 17:39:50 CST 2013

Here are three other books that I have read and can recommend. The first two are about the PCT and were written by our own Diane Soini (Piper). They are written in journal form.  One is " Pipers Flight "; the other is "Adventure and Magic". Diane is familiar to most on this list. She is an excellent writer. I got both as ebooks.

The other, which I got for Christmas, is also written in journal form - the best way to describe a long trail hike. It was written by David Miller. It is about his thru-hike of the Appalachian trail (2172 miles). The title is "AWOL ON THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL'. It is a great read - even if you don't intend to hike the AT. It was published in 2011. Once I got started on the trail with him, I couldn't put it down until we finished at Mt. KATAHON.

MendoRider-Hiker