[pct-l] Sleeping Pad

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Mon Jul 1 10:53:21 CDT 2013

 On 06/29/13, Matt Parker wrote:
>What is the preferred ground pad for long distance hiking?

 My preferred ground pad for any hiking is a Ridgerest, though I've been considering the Z-rest.

Light weight, no maintenance required. Won't go flat on you. No need to pamper it, you can throw it down on rocks and use it for a butt pad to sit on.

My girlfriend has been using inflatable pads for several years now, and has finally given up on them. She's using a Z-rest and a short ridgerest and is very happy with that combo.

YMMV HTH HMYDI

Gary