[pct-l] Lost (and found) Dog on the PCT

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 16:50:42 CDT 2013

Last Wednesday a dog was reported abandoned or lost on the Pacific Crest
Trail north of Belden. He was covered with burrs and had very sore feet. On
Saturday, June 29, Henry, Bogie Fingers, Catch-Up and Grease came upon the
dog and found him in pretty bad shape. Very skinny under all that fur,
frightened, and sore. He didn't want to be caught and got into a creek
where the guys were able to get him out. They fed him what they could from
their packs and finally decided that they had to get him out of there. So
they loaded him on their shoulders and took turns carrying him back to
Belden. They took him to the Caribou Store and the owners there promised to
find him a new home, and possibly keep him. He's a very sweet dog, even
tempered and gentle, and if someone  abandoned him they should be boiled in
oil. These four guys are my heroes. I am so very proud of them for taking
the time, and effort to carry him (and lead him part of the way) the miles
back to safety.

Here are some photos, one taken by the original person who found him and
posted a photo on PCT's facebook page, and two by the hikers who rescued
him, and one of the hikers.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Meridith59/LostAndFound?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Piper's Mom