[pct-l] Stove recommendation for Oregon Section

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 14:56:34 CDT 2013

I agree with all of this...  Just adding to the thought - the JetBoil Sol I
have is my coffee/tea cup, my pot and it has an integrated pot cozy and
integrated lighter.  The cozy lets me reduce or eliminate simmer times (just
let the food heat soak in the cozy) and the integrated lighter means I don't
carry an extra lighter that I then have to keep track of.  All of this for
10.4 oz.  And it uses 30-40% less fuel than a pocket rocket-type stove.  I'm
pretty sold on this (obviously...)

Timberline

<<< I agree with Stephen that the Jetboil is hard to beat as it burns so
efficiently that it uses less fuel.  I have done the comparisons with both
alcohol and other lightweight canister stoves, but after adding the fuel
weight the total is almost equal to the Jetboil.  I have found the lightest
option to be a Esbit tablet, with a Caldera cone to hold a Ti pot, but the
Jetboil is just so convenient and easy to use.  >>>