[pct-l] Schroomer: Desert Section Water Thoughts During a Drought Year in Fall

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Jul 12 12:04:56 CDT 2013

[pct-l] Schroomer: Desert Section Water Thoughts During a Drought Year
in Fall

Ken & Debbie,
You might be confusing Schroomer with Scott Williamson.
There is a Scott Williams, the hardcore backpacker known as
Schroomer and a Scott Williamson, who with 14 PCT thru-hikes,
including 2 PCT yo-yo's and 3 PCT speed records is the undeniable,
unquestionable, indisputable "KING" of the PCT.
I have a hunch you met Scott Williamson on on one of his record
attempts, not Scott Williams (Schroomer).
I will forward this to the "KING" and if he is in town he can answer
your question directly.

BTW...the "KING" is far better looking than Schroomer...he,he,he.
Forgive me Schroomer,...I just could not resist...he,he,he...cough,
cough,cough...OXYGEN!!!...KAREN,...I NEED OXYGEN!!!

JMT Reinhold...he,he,he
---------------------------------

Ken & debbie wrote:
Hi Schroomer,
With as many thru-hikes you've accomplished and in particular
sobo and traveling in the Southern California desert section in fall,
have you experienced the PCT, during fall during a drought year?
I thru-hiked back in '82 and now my wife and I are section hiking.
We're considering paying our dues and getting the Transverse
Range/Desert Section knocked out this fall, from Coon Creek
Jump-off / East end of San Bernardino N.F, doing 200-250 miles in
about 2 1/2 weeks.

Obviously we don't cover as much ground as you do but trying to get
an idea. If its easier to talk over the phone or off-list, I'd be
glad to exchange contact info. The more detailed the better, without
being too cumbersome for you. If So Cal doesn't seem to be realistic
water-wise this fall, we'll resume from Mt. Lassen north.

We met you north of Donner Pass a couple or so years ago, were the
couple that fixed you up with some Jolly Ranchers and felt bad taking
up your time on a record-breaking attempt.

Sincerely,
    Ken & Debbie Marlow