[pct-l] Reese Witherspoon on the PCT

Hank Magnuski hankm at mtinet.com
Wed Jul 17 19:24:27 CDT 2013

>From Hollywood.com:

Reese Witherspoon is about to get Wild. The actress is set to produce and star
in the film adaptation of Cheryl Strayed’s best-selling memoir Wild: From Lost
to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail, Indiewire reports. The novel describes
Strayed’s journey hiking the 1100-mile Pacific Crest Trail after struggling with
drug use, divorce, and the death of her mother.

Strayed sent a copy of her tale of self-reflection to Witherspoon herself,
attaching a note that said "I can’t imagine who else would do this." Witherspoon
took interest, as did Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, About a Boy), who will adapt
the novel. There is no director yet, but Fox Searchlight Pictures has the
worldwide rights to distribute the film.

"We are so excited to be working with Fox Searchlight to bring Wild to the
screen," Witherspoon said in a statement. "It is an extraordinary company that
continually strives to bring original, inspirational films to the marketplace.
We are thrilled to collaborate with them on Wild."

The actress better get ready to lace up her hiking boots; filming is supposed to
start later this year.