[pct-l] Water in Section R

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Wed Jul 17 21:53:28 CDT 2013

Hi:

I just got off a portion of Section R--we hiked from Donomore Meadows
to CAllahan's. There is water at every spot listed on Halfmile's maps
in that area. There is more water available off trail--below Grouse
Gap and in numerous shallow drainages the PCT crosses which aren't
listed as water sources. There is also a cooler at Long John Saddle
with some water and two coolers south of Grouse Gap that have some pop
and water. Wagner Gap Campground also had water coming from the
spring. The spigot at Mt. Ashland Inn is on, even thought the inn is
up for sale.

--Fireweed