[pct-l] getting on trail ~60mi south of Crater Lake

Jonathon Howry jon.howry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 18:22:42 CDT 2013

We are looking for options to get onto the PCT again in or near Medford,
OR. Or more specifically getting to where the trail crosses hwy 140. Are
there any trail angels in the area that offer rides to and from? Or is
there a better way to get onto the trail near 60mi south of Crater Lake NP?
We are going to attempt to meet up with the person I started on the border
3-4 days south of the park. Hike to Crater Lake and spend a few days there
then leave him again.

Also because of flight costs we are looking at flying into Portland. Any
chance we could pay a trail angel for a lift to hwy 140 or even to Medford?
I just got the o.k. to plan this so we are a little frantic trying to set
it all up in under a month... A one way car rental is very expensive.

Please and thank you to everyone who can respond. Even if it's just a
suggestion on the hike or trip there. I've only got the dates available
from August 18th to August 25th for all travel and hiking times. Classes
start on the 26th.