[pct-l] Mountain Lion Encounter

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 13:05:35 CDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Lindsey Sommer <lgsommer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I work in Yosemite, and I know it's illegal to carry bear spray/pepper
> spray here.

Fine. When a hiker reaches Yosemite, put the bear spray in the backpack.
Concealed means concealed. I am not advising someone to break the law, but
you gotta figure there are all kinds of technically illegal or against
"policy" going on in national parks, yet these little things don't seem to
bother folks much. I'd rather have the ability to use the spray to protect
my food and possibly train the bold wildlife that humans are to be feared
again. Animals learn from pain, and bear spray delivers.

While the bears here don't seem to be THAT big of an issue with proper food
> storage via canister, I often think that I would feel a heck of a lot safer
> out there alone with bear spray for the mountain lions...

> It's not allowed. Your employer has a "policy".

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--
"Loud motorcycle stereos save lives."