[pct-l] Transportation Buck Lake Rd (or Quincy) to Reno airport

River Malcolm river at orcasonline.com
Sat Jul 27 17:56:55 CDT 2013

Greetings,

Thank you all for the support and information you provide on this list.

I am starting my third PCT section hike (hoping to hike the whole trail in 3-4 years)
at Tuolumne late Aug and would like to end at Quincy (via Buck Lake Rd).

I have investigated and found no bus service, no car rental available, and have contacted
Belden trail angels who provided me two names who might drive for hire,
(but no call back from either, yet).

Just checking if anyone has any other ideas, also if you think hitch hiking
(for solo woman hiker) from Quincy to Reno is a reasonable backup plan.

Many thanks!
River