[pct-l] Hiker in Hospital

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Jul 29 15:07:31 CDT 2013

One day Grizzly and TrailDust went to see an oldPCT hiking friend in the hospital.  When theygot there his wife was beside the hospital bed holding his hand.  He had been slipping in and out of a coma forseveral weeks and she stayed right beside him.

While Grizzly and TrailDust were there he became alert and motioned for hiswife to come nearer.  It was verytouching.  He said in a strong voice withhis eyes full of tears, "You know what? You have been with me all throughthe bad times. When I got fired, you were there to support me. When my businessfailed, you were there. When I got shot, you were by my side. When we lost thehouse, you stayed right here. When my health started failing, you were still bymy side.  You know what?"

"What dear?" she gently asked as tears started to fall down hercheeks.

"I think you're bad luck."