[pct-l] Toes numb

Terry tsparks56 at aol.com
Sun Jun 2 17:30:58 CDT 2013

Kristy,
Start with the simple fix first and progress until you solve the problem, as it's probably a simple problem.
If your nails are slightly off color, have red streaks or spots under the nail or are turning black, your feet could be growing out of your shoes.
Start by cutting all your nails and, if possible, wear thinner socks to see if that helps. You can also tighten up your laces on the down hills to keep your foot from sliding as much in your shoe and Jamming your toes.
If your toes feel better after taking your shoes off for awhile (and in the morning before hiking), that is another indicator of shoes being to small.
If you are not getting relief after this, cut the front of your shoes and wear them as you would wear sandals if necessary.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone