[pct-l] best way to get to Kennedy Meadows - to meet my friend hiking the PCT north bound

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Mon Jun 3 01:27:47 CDT 2013

There are flights to Inyokern  airport (code IYK)  from Los Angeles,
that you might be able to add to your flight from Canada,, but they
are probably expensive. KM is 40 miles from the airport
http://goo.gl/maps/7VQe4

===
Take the LAX flyaway bus from the airport to union station
http://www.lawa.org/welcome_lax.aspx?id=4696

Take the Metrolink train from Union Station to Lancaster a It's the
last northern stop on the Antelope Valley Metrolink line.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/

After arriving in Lancaster, you could take the CREST bus of the
Eastern Sierra Transit Authority, which runs from Lancaster along the
Eastern Sierra (mostly on Hwy. 395) all the way north to Reno. But
that bus runs only once a day on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It
stops at a gas station in Inyokern.

http://www.estransit.com/CMS/

I know of no good way for either way to get from Inyokern to KM,
except hitch hiking.