[pct-l] REI changes return policy to return before 1 year

Mark Hyams markhyams at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 11:34:14 CDT 2013

I think many people are missing what Brick is saying.  He is pointing out
the hypocrisy of the American corporate/business culture compared to
individual behavior.  Corporations are lauded and investors are thrilled
when they squeeze every last cent out of contracts, pay the absolute
minimum amount of taxes (even by off-shoring money and technically not
breaking any laws), nickel and dime employees, and get communities to give
them tax "incentives", whereas individuals (such as those returning REI
merchandise) are somehow supposed to answer to a higher moral authority,
try and perceive the intent of a return policy, and consider the welfare of
the employees that sell to them.

Aren't corporations were people too?  Shouldn't they be answering to that
higher moral authority too?

Mark