[pct-l] HEET

Dennis Phelan dennis.phelan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 15:57:58 CDT 2013

I saw an article a while back about floating canisters in water; how deep
it sinks indicates how much gas is still in it.  You can use a felt tip to
draw a line on the outside.  Float a full one and note where the water
comes.  Float an empty one and do the same.  I do that when I return with a
partial and it gives me a good idea how much is left.

I have also found the biggest waste of canister fuel is not having a good
wind deflector.  You can improve the pocket rocket and similar stoves fuel
consumption significantly by using an alum foil wind deflector.