[pct-l] MendoHiker profile in PCTA Communicator

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:12:57 CDT 2013

That was a nice article about Mendorider.

If anyone ever gets a chance to see his slideshow/DVD, do it because
it's really interesting. I learned a lot about how logistically
difficult it is to thru-ride the PCT. He had a whole separate set of
trail angels and a completely different experience around that aspect
of the trail. Having a horse companion is also really interesting,
something I haven't really experienced. His trip was very solo like
mine was since I hiked well in front of the crowd my 2nd time out. I
know what that is like to see nobody for days and days, but not what
it would be like to have a real animal friend with me.

Mendorider has had an interesting life and he tells me he's glad he
retired and wished he had done it earlier in life hint hint to anyone
on the fence whether they should retire or not.