[pct-l] ] Thru numbers and trail angels

Hank Magnuski hankm at mtinet.com
Fri Jun 7 16:49:35 CDT 2013

Trail angels are all over the map, so to speak, in their motives for doing trail
magic, financing it and for the rewards they appreciate most.

If someone puts out a tray of donuts one trail angel might say "This is my
gift to the hiker community" and would be reluctant to accept cash or
make a hiker feel obligated in any way for snatching one of those donuts.

Another, under the same circumstance, might be pleased to see a few bucks in the
glass jar to help out with the expenses.

For some, a simple "Thank you" or "You've made my day" is all the compensation
required.

It really varies, and hikers just need to be sensitive to the environment. And
in my experience, they are.

Hank