[pct-l] ] Thru numbers

linsey mowoggirl at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 8 14:54:23 CDT 2013

While this is certain to be an unpopular comment, what is so helpful about providing alcohol??  Alcohol dehydrates which is the antithesis of helpful when hiking thru hot climates.  How do you prevent underage drinking?!?  How does enabling alcoholics to drink too much help anything??  Why not leave ice water instead of something (especially in the amounts you are claiming individuals consume) that causes brain damage???!!!

you wrote:[pct-l] ] Thru numbersJoseph Anderson joedaddy44 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 10:46:20 CDT 2013Previous message: [pct-l] HEETNext message: [pct-l] ] Thru numbersMessages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]Cheers to Team Turtle!

Our "Oasis" cache was hit VERY hard this season as well.

Increasing numbers have made it necessary to re-stock more often, but the
problem isn't just the numbers.

When I arrived to re-stock one day, there were maybe 15 hikers enjoying a
nice break in the shade sitting in the chairs we provide.

Under several of the chairs and next to many on the ground, I saw 3, 4,or
more empties that they had already finished. And some got more after we
filled the cooler!

I DON'T like signs that tell you what to do or how to do it, BUT........
next year there will be a sign saying something like,"Have ONE OR TWO and
move on". Be considerate of those behind you and those who have to buy and
re-stock on a daily basis.

Last season a pair of hikers wrote (bragged) in our register about drinking
18 beverages between the 2 of them!

VERY inappropriate trail etiquette. Behavior like this will be the demise
of the "ice chest" caches if it continues.

Papa Joe
Casa de Luna