[pct-l] Thru numbers

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 13:43:21 CDT 2013

I witnessed this also. Couple years ago I sectioned hiked from San
Francisquito Road north for a day and met some hikers when I stopped
at a guzzler to refill my water. They were aghast that I was drinking
that water and proudly proclaimed that they had managed to hike the
first 500 miles so far without ever having to use sources like that.
All their water had come from caches.

I remember one poster here used to argue frequently and adamantly
that there should be no caches. He was very unpopular. But I think I
agree with him. That said, I did appreciate the Bird Spring Pass
cache and Cache 22 on Hat Creek Rim. I found the Anderson's cache to
be a welcome respite of shade, lounge chairs and fun, something that
sometimes needs a refill more than water.