[pct-l] Thru Numbers

Ann Marie dbanmrkr at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 12:36:06 CDT 2013

Barry wrote:

"...volunteer trail crew with the PCTA. I’d
suggest to those watch cache / soda / cooler Angels feeling burn out with trying to pay for
sodas, fruit, water, etc, or perceptions (or reality) of entitled behavior, to
try this method of helping the hikers a few times and see how it goes."

Thanks, Barry. You put it so put better than I did in an earlier post.  I did trail work twice this year. I loved it. The crews, the work, the outdoors, the immediate and visible progress. I got much more satisfaction from my efforts, time, and money doing that than I did with the water caching (which I had no plans of doing this year, but another angel asked for my help.) There is nothing wrong with ANY of the trail magic being provided, but I just feel a lot of empathy with those angels nearing or exceeding their budgets trying to serve the increasing number of hikers, especially the anonymous angels.

"Angel your own Angel – AYOA."

I like it. You (and Yogi) are so right.