[pct-l] Asolo sunset shoes

Tom Weir tom.weir at the-cabin-on-the-hill.com
Sat Jun 15 18:50:51 CDT 2013

The REI employee's job is to sell you a big heavy pair of expensive
mountaineering boots.  He/she probably also thinks you need a 7000 cubic
inch backpack and a zero degree sleeping bag.  Has the REI person ever hiked
the JMT or any other long trail?  Working at REI does not make someone an
expert on backpacking; it makes them an expert on selling gear.  Every year
the vast majority on PCT thru-hikers use shoes similar to the Sunset.
Weight, comfort, and durability are king.

Good Luck,

Tom