[pct-l] Asolo sunset shoes

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 15 19:45:32 CDT 2013

I sure they are only selling what they have. Going into A16 or REI has to be a quick trip for me or I will overhear some poor person being sold overkill packs,shoes and practically all gear. I have to just avoid listening(so I don't attempt to rescue them) and run out with my purchase. They just don't know any better because they learn from the reps. Wear what is comfortable. There isn't any part of the trail(JMT or PCT) that needs heavy boots. Some people have very unusual specific problems which a REI employee would have no knowledge that I would trust. I would only wear boots if I needed heavy crampons.Often small running store people have more knowledge and understand fit.Marmot