[pct-l] Fw: Anish "The Ghost" goes for the record.

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Sun Jun 16 19:20:07 CDT 2013

Ahh, but Anish is her trail name.

Here is a more about her hike:
https://www.facebook.com/AnishHikes?ref=ts&fref=ts

Ken
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paint Your Wagon Hikes" <n801yz at hotmail.com>
To: <pct-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2013 4:27 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Anish "The Ghost" goes for the record.

Met a lady thru hiking around 2:30 pm last Tuesday (11 June), at about mile
155, just north of Palms to Pines highway, on the PCT as it entered Penrod
Canyon. My friend and hiking bro; Evil Goat, asked her when she left the
border. Anish, aged 31, and hailing from Washington state, answered that she
had left the border the previous Saturday (08 June). Evil Goat was quick to
surmise what she was up to, and asked her if she was going for the record,
in which she replied in the affirmative. I might point out that this was the
middle of the afternoon of her fourth day of hiking and we were
chit-chatting with her at mile 155!
I offered her a choice between a lime or orange flavored Powerade (1-liter).
Anish opted for the orange flavored drink, which she quickly downed. Evil
Goat checked her pack weight, estimating it at about 25 lbs. She was asked
if she was going cook-less and she said yes. She finished the drink and all
but disappeared, leaving only her tracks to follow. Estimating... she should
be around mile 360 at the end of today, which would be in the
Wrightwood/Inspiration Point area of the trail.
Now you see her, and... now you don't. Anish "The Ghost" seemed like a
worthy trail name, but who am I to say. I wish her the best as she takes on
the task of breaking Scott Williamson's record. Time will tell.
PaintYWPCT2012/2013
PS Her trail shoe tread is of note; a cleated one, with the outline of a
shape similar to a child's footprint in the center of the impression and toe
imprints similar to a human's or bear's, at the toe box of the shoe-print. I
tracked this unique signature onto Mt. San Jacinto, only to lose it in the
heavy traffic, regaining it coming down Fuller Ridge, and lastly at the Snow
Creek faucet.