[pct-l] Hello

Joe C idahojoec at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 09:39:07 CDT 2013

Thanks to all.  I am doing a bit of research to ensure I have the appropriate gear and can do reasonable planning for resupply etc.  But with todays technology you can hike the trail virtually and live vicariously to such a degree that it could lose some of the adventure.

I like the idea of perhaps reading the guide books on the trail.  I am intending to use Halfmiles maps and get the updates relative to water sources etc.
Bottom line, like Inspector Gadget suggests, I am thinking of trying to trek a middle ground.  Prepare enough to not put myself in danger nor have to rely on others on the trail but not so much to know what to expect every step along the way.
Thnaks to all