[pct-l] change of plans help

Heather Keys hkeys26 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 21 12:19:18 CDT 2013

Can someone recommend a section of the trail that has more shade/less direct sun exposure?  My husband and I started in Tehachapi a few weeks ago, but unfortunately my sun allergy has been very severe this year, and it seems like all we do is manage and worry about my rash.  We've decided it would be better to skip ahead to a location with more shade and perhaps I can slowly get a base tan and come back to the Sierras.  It is hard to see my dream of walking a continuous line vanish, but I still have several months of hiking I can do before returning home and I'd like to make the most of it.  Right now we are in Lone Pine, so any advice on how to get to the recommended section would also be helpful.  It looks like I can get to Reno pretty easy.  Thanks in advance!!
 - Shade Tree