[pct-l] Stevens Pass to Manning

Chuck Miller chuck-miller at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 23 20:34:13 CDT 2013

I am planning to hike from Stevens Pass (mile 2426) to Manning (mile 2660)
starting about August 10th.

I live in Houston.  Being from Houston, I am totally acclimated to hot
weather, not cold drizzly weather.  I have chosen August to try and hit the
best weather for me.  I am 72, married, the father of 3, and a grandfather.

I thru-hiked the AT in 2000.  Starting in 2002, I section hiked all of the
PCT except for Stevens Pass to Manning, and have completed NM on the CDT.  I
hiked the AT for 6 weeks this spring.

I have generally hiked solo in the past, but believe this might be a good
section to hike along with another hiker or two.

Anyone with similar plans?

Chuck Miller