[pct-l] Horse encounter with illegal MTBs

Nick Thelen nthelen03 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 12:41:11 CDT 2013

Kent Spring Wrote:
"I think Yogi has the right idea: when I encounter illegal bikers, I simply refuse to allow them past me.
I carry weapons (hiking sticks) and am 6' 4", so I might have an advantage over some other hikers.
If bikers are supposed to yield, then I think they are illegal when they don't yield.
So they need to be stopped and given the lecture.
I bike, although rarely on trails, and bikers don't get special privileges.

Spring"

Hey Kent - do you realize you are responding to an incident that involves 10-12 year old kids on bikes (not on the PCT)?

Not sure if "Carrying Weapons" and being "6'4" in relation to dealing with children is how you want to come across...

Looks very, very bad insinuating violence and intimidation against small kids...you may want to rephrase...

just saying,
Nick