[pct-l] Packages to Canada

joyce at beedie.com joyce at beedie.com
Sun Jun 30 13:05:35 CDT 2013

WE are finishing our PCT hike in Manning Park, then going on to Vancouver for a
few days before returning to the states.  I wanted to send a package containing
some "city" clothes and toiletries ahead to Manning Park Resort (we are staying
there for 2 nights) that we could then take with us to Vancouver.  Both UPS and
USPS say I have to fill out a "Commercial Invoice" form that lists every single
item in the package individually, along with country of origin, material, etc.
 Since I have no idea where my high heels were made, among other things, this
could be a problem!! Does anyone know if this is really required?  Has anyone
successfully sent packages ahead to Canada and if so, how?  Any help you can
give me is appreciated.