[pct-l] Comcast, etc.

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 17:47:37 CDT 2013

All,

Comcast sucks. Many ISP's do when it comes to what they do with their email
filters/settings, at their whim, without warming or notice.

I use gmail for the following reasons:
- it organizes list mail very well
- Google's filters and settings work pretty well, and I have all the
control I need to in order to get the email I want and regret those I don't
-it works well on my smart phone, which I use for most of my email
- and I can access it from a bunch of different computing platforms with
internet access.

It's not perfect, but it's much better than experiences I've had with past
ISP's.

If you are having trouble with your ISP's email, but don't like Google
snooping on your mail (oh yeah, they do, your ISP, regardless of who they
are, can easily) just use it for your email lists and nothing else. Share
no sensitive info, use good passwords (should use good passwords everywhere
regardless), and stop having problems with your list emails.

Dan Jacobs
Washougal