[pct-l] assistance/advice with accommodation near Bear Valley, CA

Gideon Scher gideonscher at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 03:44:12 CST 2013

Hi to all

I am registered for a one-day ice axe and crampon course with Mountain
Adventure Seminars starting in the morning of Sat. April 20th in Bear
Valley, CA. I will be driving up from the SF Bay Area on Fri April 19th and
have been looking for accommodation for the Fri night. Possible options
given to me by the mountaineering school and travel web sites start off at
around $80 (if I am lucky) and go up to $189. I am aware that during ski
season this area of the country will be very expensive but for my PCT
budget this is A LOT of money.

Does anyone know of any hikers hostels/bunk bed options? Or perhaps trail
angels nearby who could help me out with some inexpensive accommodation
closer to a PCT budget?

Many thanks,
Gideon