[pct-l] Start date at Kennedy Meadows

Marie Ferguson tatazina at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 11:43:29 CST 2013

Hi all,
I'm looking to start my PCT thru-hike in Kennedy Meadows on July 1st (but might be able to start a week or so earlier) and wanted to get an
idea of when a majority of hikers will be passing thru Kennedy Meadows.
During an average snow year, it sounds like most start at KM anywhere
from beginning of June to the end (and June 15th to aim for?). Would I be far behind the pack of thru-hikers if I started on July 1st at KM?
Also, what is the average daily mileage that seems reasonable to achieve thru the Sierras (I'm looking to do regular resupply stops)?
Thanks!
Marie